I’m back with a little somethin’, somethin’ for all you ladies out there. Ben and I’s first Easter as husband and wife, I was in my last semester of nursing school, in the throes of morning sickness, and in he walks with the cutest little basket. He filled it with Gatorade, a sippy cup, some fruit, and a microwavable baked potato! It was cute, and I always remember that “prenatal basket” when Easter rolls around. He’s done well every year since then, and I hope your men do you good from time to time! Gifts are not necessary, but come on ladies, they are nice, aren’t they? I love a little surprise now and again, and holiday treats are fun too! So, without further ado, let’s review my wonky list of what would be in my dream basket!
1 and 2: Ladies, ladies, ladies. If you’re like any of the women I know, it’s time to get a new cellphone cover. I don’t know what it is about this time of year, but everyone I know seems to have a cover that looks like the winter wore it out. Rubber hanging every which way, or even one of those “spiderman edition” screens due to that “I’m only going to take my case off for a second because it looks crappy and I’m embarrassed to carry it around in that ragged old thing”. Yeah, you all know someone like that, don’t you? Well, you need a spring/summer case anyway! The two that I found are just screaming to protect your phone anyway. How sweet are those floral prints? I LOVE the look of them. The first one is a collaboration between Lauren Conrad and Rifle Paper Co. That was seriously one of my favorite store to visit in SOHO when we were in NYC last Christmas. The case is clear, so you can show off that gold iPhone6 that you paid so much money for anyway, and the flowers look handpainted! Love! The second case is a decoupage case, how cool! It’s handmade on Etsy, and I usually find great quality in the cases that I order from there.
3. These T’s are my new favorite closet staple at the moment. I don’t even give them the chance to get their pretty little selves on a hanger before I slip em’ back on. The material is crazy soft, plus they’re super long and drapey, so they go perfectly over yogo pants when I’m lounging around the house, or look cute with jeans and heels for a night out. I’m not ever one for enjoying clothes that cling to my body, and these leave well enough alone. I would buy a size up so that they don’t shrink with the very frequent washings that they will be taking! Plus, another reason to stock up on Target goodies so that you can get that free shipping! Oh, and buy one get one half off? Yes, please. If I were still pregnant, these would be my jam. Ooh, maybe I should buy some in preparation for my next pregnancy. You can’t beat $12, and then $6 when half off. Oh my goodness, this is too good.
4. If you follow my social media, you know I’m on a major Whole30 kick right now, so the kitchen has been my playground. I love my salt and pepper grinders straight from the store because of the freshness of the spices that comes from them, but these would be so dreamy sitting next to my stove. And much more appealing. The Etsy shop where these are from have so many colors to choose from too. Such a fun gift!
5. I wanted to post a personal favorite on here to remind you to keep the person that you are buying a gift for in mind. Generic lists are great for gift ideas, but sometimes you need to remember that something that meets that person at the moment of life that they are in will be such a special treat. For instance, a new mom might benefit from some silky button up P.J.’s, or a new nurse would love a splurge on scrubs or a pedicure after those long work hours. Everyone has a niche, you just have to find it. Yes, even your husbands have one. I may also be hoping that my husband reads this post and thinks that I need this tank in my Easter basket, because lets face it, my mother-in-law doesn’t call me the Whole30 natzi for nothing…
6. Now back to the kitchen…sorry about all of the culinary crap guys, but it’s high on my list right now! I’ve done a lot of cutting board research over the last year. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I hate the glass ones. They are my peeve. And I know you aren’t supposed to use the same one for meat and produce, so I set out to find the right etiquette when it comes to cutting boards. Here’s the deets. Buy a plastic one, like an oxo good grips for your meat and fish. You can even do a few sizes since they’re so cheap, and throw them out after they start to get extremely cut up and haggard. Buy a good wooden one for your produce. Maple is a great wood choice. This one seems to be a running favorite of people in the cooking industry, since it’s affordable, and has quality construction. So there you go, straight from your neighborhood cutting board specialist. I wish.
7. How many of you have a DSLR? Raise your hand. How many of you know how to use your DLSR in the manual setting? Yeah, that’s for another post. We all love our fancy cameras, but how much cuter would they be with a fancy schmancy strap? Super cute is the answer. I love these straps because of the leather and adorable fabric prints. I totally want one of these. This is one of those “I didn’t even know I wanted this!” gifts for the camera owner in your life. Check out the Etsy shop for more fabric choices. The red polka dot is pretty swell as well. Order soon for Easter shipment though! I would even contact the seller to make sure it will arrive on time, for certainty!
8. And….now you’re really going to be mad at me. Measuring spoons, Amber??? But, they’re SO CUTE! I definitely have a measuring spoon/cup obsession. Anthropology has the best selections too. This set has a Mexican feel to it. I love it. You should check out their kitchen items, they’re slaying it with the ceramic rolling pins and muffin pans. I need them all.
So…now that we’ve danced around the kitchen theme, I hope you at least got an idea or two about what to get yo mama, or yo sista, or yo self.
I’m off to watch Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason while eating coconut milk covered frozen cherries in the bath. Yes, I’m wild. I know.